Friday, March 12, 2010

day 15

just did my shots tonight. even though i alternate legs, there are a couple sore spots on my thigh. one little dime sized bruise and a couple needle hole red dots. i poked around to find the spot that didn't feel sore (cause i dont really remember where i injected it over the past couple weeks), if i were smart about it i would have a system or order to do the shots so they are spaced out for optimum healing and all that. I have just been poking randomly around my outer thigh and i have a feeling i've been poking in the same places.

lupron didn't hurt. stung a tiny bit after the med was in the skin. follistim didn't hurt, just felt funny. the follistim needle is the smallest, but this time i jabbed my skin at a little bit of an angle so i felt a pinch when it pierced the skin. thats not normal. usually i dont feel the needle going in when i quickly jab it in like a dart. menopur always stings. i think its the medication. its also the most volume of all the shots. so some of that pain is probably my fatty tissue having to move out of the way for the bubble of medication.

i'm being very careful to prime every shot (push out all the air until a bead of medication comes out of the needle tip before injecting). yesterday when i did my shots, i'm not sure, but i suspect i left some air in the needle of the menopur shot. i dont remember priming that one, and then when i did the shot i wasn't thinking about it and may or may not have injected a tiny bubble of air also. not sure, but now i'm paranoid about it and being extra careful.

side effects: maybe fatigue. i didn't sleep much last night because i went out to a show. i got 5 hours of uncomfortable sleep. i fell asleep in my clothes and underwear: sports bra, and kept waking up with neck and back and jaw tension, but it was too cold to get out of the covers and undress myself (i am used to sleeping naked). my sports bra always creates tension like that when i wear it for too long. But anyway, i kept waking up adjusting the covers and tossing and turning.

so all day today i feel like i have a thick fog behind my eyes. like they should be closed and the fatigue sucks me dry like a mild nausea or headachy sensation. almost dizzy with exhaustion. i wonder how much of this has to do with how hard i bicycle to work. i need to begin walking up those hills. i'm not supposed to do any 'strenuous exercise' at this stage of the donation. I always bike up the same hills everyday for work, and they dont make me break a sweat, but my heart rate goes up and my breathing gets heavy. i wonder if thats okay.

my stomach was absolutely growling around lunchtime, which is unusual. I was crazy ravenous. i ate breakfast only few hours earlier.

also i've been having little muscle twitches. random. like my calf will twitch slightly and then my neck muscles will twitch.

i'd better go. i just closed my eyes for a second and i fell asleep and dreamt i slipped on something and my legs jolting woke me up. and its happening again. falling asleep...

No comments: