Saturday, March 20, 2010

2nd ultrasound and extraction surgery

my second ultrasound, they saw 14 eggs (again) and measured them at 16 and 18 millimeters. the doctor said they're ready to come out and i needed to take the trigger shot (hcg) that night at 7pm exacly.

and then i had to reschedule work in order to make the saturday morning appointment. they put me up in the le parc suites hotel. waaaay better than the beverly hilton. so nice. we (husband and I) stayed there friday night because our appointment was 6:30 in the morning. got to the fertility center at 6:30. they took my vitals had me sit on a bed watching the news from a big screen tv on the ceiling. i dressed into the open in the back gown and they gave me those socks with traction.

the anesthesiologist came in and put an IV in my hand. then they walked me into the operating room and a nurse carried my IV with my saline drip along after me, i sat on the bed thing and scooted down to the edge so the nurse could strap my knees to a holder thingy. then the anesthesiologist put a couple of drugs in my IV and i started to get drowsy and then he asked how much i weigh and pushed a large syringe full of some anesthesia or something into my IV drip, and shortly there after i passed out and woke up in the recovery area with a nurse calling my name. she took off my IV and asked if i wanted any ibuprofen. i took it.

they said they counted 17 eggs. the nurse explained that sometimes theres more than one egg in a follicle (thats one way twins can happen).

its now 13 hours after the surgery and i feel a little bloated and when i have to pee i feel a lot of pressure on my ovaries. i've been on ibuprofen all day. but when they begin to feel crampy i take more, and thats when i notice it. the bloating could be gas. we ate at a restaurant we're not used to eating at.

No comments: