Saturday, March 17, 2012

I bought a house !

recent update: i rarely have cramps. and my annuals have all been normal.
i'll let you know if i develop any health problems or fetuses :).
after the donation, I had leftover needles and medication, I didn't remember to bring them to give back to the doctors office and they didn't ask for them, but some fertility doctors ask for the leftovers back. I thought about selling them, but decided to throw them away. I'm not sure that was the right thing to do for the environment :/

also i keep forgetting to sign up for the anonymous donor registration website - its a list i can sign up for as an anonymous donor that links my donor number to my information, so anybody interested (adult spawn or infertile parents) could look me up if they wanted. Growing Generations egg donation agency has a clause in my contract that says if my donated genetic spawn develop any genetics related diseases they would notify me so i would be aware, so i could get tested for it, or my future children could be tested for it? in a hypothetical situation this contract clause serves as a medical protection. in exchange, i'm expected to notify the agency if I, or any person in my immediate family, develop any genetics related diseases. and i've told the infertile parents and the agency that if they ever wanted to contact me they could. the anonymous donor registration website is more for the children, when they grow up, if they want to seek me out without getting the information through their parents or the agency. i want them to be able to find me, that would be pretty cool.
So yeah, i finally used my egg donation money as down payment on a home! yay! when i have kids and they act up, i can tell them i sold their older brother and sister to buy a house (ha ha, just kidding!!)
but i WILL i'll tell my future kids about their genetic brothers and sisters when they're adults. then they could register on the anonymous donor website as genetic siblings too, if they wanted. (reuniting siblings: another function of the registry) I recommend all donors sign up for that registry. I dont think anonymity is polite.

here is the anonymous donor sibling registry:
(https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/)

No comments: